From: Piotr Galka <piotr.ga...@micromade.pl>
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2024 9:28 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] IEC 62368-1: To understand chapter 5.4.11

You don't often get email from
piotr.ga...@micromade.pl<mailto:piotr.ga...@micromade.pl>. Learn why this is
important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>
Hi Bostjan,

I know that if circuit is not going out of building it is considered being
without transients. My doubt is mainly because in 5.4.11 says about circuits
being external and indicated in table 14 and according to my understanding
3.3.1.1 USB was external and note about transients in table 14 for me didn't
make for me USB being not indicated in table.
In my RS485 design even it is in one building I assume during storm up to 50V
temporary difference between several grounding points and I use 2 steps
protection. I know of two such incidents that after lightning struck directly
into the building, many systems stopped working, but ours did.
I acknowledge that USB is not external circuit.
Thanks a lot.

I have never bought any standard abroad and as I have written answering to
Johns post I see that 62368-2 is not in current Polish Standard Committee offer.

Best regards
Piotr Galka