Hi,

I would like to use the emc2 program filter feature...
I've read the axis documentations here:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gui/axis/index.html
In the program filter section there is an example with a script
(holecircle.py) that should create g-code for drilling a series of holes
along the circumference of a circle. I've downloaded the script
holecircle.py, I've added the following lines to my .ini file:

[FILTER]
PROGRAM_EXTENSION = .py Python Script
py = python

At this point I tried to open the script using Axis, but nothing worked, the
script was simply displayed in the Axis text area.
So I wrote to Jeff Epler who told me that it doesn't work because this
program filter feature will came with the new version of EMC, the 2.1. So,
thank to Jeff who really helped me I've downloaded and compiled the beta
version of EMC2.1 (called pre-2.1).
I tried it, I was able to start all GUIs like mini, tkemc etc...but not
Axis. It seems like Axis is not present in the /bin directory. So I think
I've to download and compile it separately. So I can't try the Filter
feature...
Anyone could help me?

Anyway, now I've read in the EMC user manual chapter 8 (USING THE AXIS
GRAPHICAL INTERFACE) precisely in 8.8.1 that program filters can be used, so
I just added to the .ini file the lines (different form those in the Axis
documentation...):

[EMC]
PROGRAM_FILTER = python
PROGRAM_EXTENSION = *.py Python Script

I tried to start the EMC (thr official version 2.0.5) and I tried to open
the holecircle.py script with Axis. This time something different happened,
the script was not displayed in the text area, but after few seconds a small
window opened and it says "Exit code 256"...closed it and nothing more
happened...
Anyone knows where is the problem?

Every suggestion is welcomed!

Thank you,