I have also noticed a slightly similar thing but in a different context.
I have a script in which a cut is made by the Y axis then this returns
by means of a G0 and the work is turned by the A axis. The A axis always
starts to move just before the Y axis stops. This is on a basic stepper
machine and I am using the latest EMC2-Ubuntu iso release now - 2.1.6.
Sorry Ray, didn't mean to break it just yet!!! ;-} lol

--

Best wishes,

Ian
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield  UK

"The difference between theory and practice is much smaller in theory than in
practice..."