Cecil Thomas wrote:

>Thanks for the help.
>I set my base period to 15,000,  servo period to 60,000 and traj
>period to 600,000.

Ack!

Unless you're running a servo machine at 1000m/min (yes, 1 kilometer per
minute), you don't need a 60 microsecond servo rate.  For most "normal"
machines - those that go less than ~500 IPM - the 1,000,000 (1 ms) servo
rate is plenty fast.  There is no need to maintain the exact ratio
between base, servo, and traj.  You can also set traj period back to 10
ms, or set it the same as the servo rate (1 ms).

That should clear up the "unexpected realtime delay" errors - those are
in the TRAJ thread (I think), and look for a 20% variance in thread
period - which is only 12 microseconds with the settings you changed to.

- Steve

>I lowered my max vel to .75 (45 inches per minute, plenty fast
>enough).  Everything seems happy except the realtime error which I
>have not run to ground yet.
>The RT error was there at the larger periods as well.  I installed a
>video board and attempted to kill the MOBO video but the RT error lives on.

Hmmm.  Maybe going back to the 1ms / 10ms servo/traj periods won't clear
up the error then.  Take a look at the actual thread times printed in
dmesg.  If you have numbers <2 ms or so, it's not likely to be a
problem.  If the error is something like 50 or more ms, then it is
likely to be a problem, and we'll have to debug more.

>Thanks,
>Cecil

Hope this helps
- Steve