Chris Mason wrote:

>I'm fairly sure the video card is an oxygen. The system was built for
>cad/cam several years ago but is still very fast for what I use it for.

It should work in the VESA/BIOS mode the boot CD uses, but it may not.
I don't think 3DLabs was ever very good with Linux drivers, so you may
be out of luck there.

CAD cards (especially ones that are only expected to work under Windows)
often don't implement much of the VESA spec - I guess they figure the
card will be put in text mode for the BIOS, the 320x200 mode Windows
shows during boot, then some high resolution driver-managed mode.
Anything else would be superfluous.

- Steve