Hi Todd,
The base movement..... 0.001/detent should work but 1/4 that would be better. I can add a couple more bits for
scaling; that should do it.

Dave
On Sep 29, 2007, at 4:47 PM, Todd Bombaci wrote:

You do need multiple scales for pulse coder at .001,.010,.1 for touch off tools or using in manual for milling.

Dave Engvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

Step one is now done; the pulsecoder is connected to channel 03
encoder on the stg board and it works.
400 counts /rev. This would scale nicely to 0.100"/rev.

I have a nice front panel switch for X, Y, Z ,B. If I use B as a not
enable then the other positions select axis and
enable at the same time. The pulsecoder itself is bidirectional so I
don't need a direction bit.

Now I need some help on how to set up a HAL connection for this.
Pointing to a relevant example on the wiki would be a good start.

At least for now I don't see a need have multiple scales related to a
pulse.

Dave