On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 10:44:17PM -0800, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> I just sent my serial DAC gerber files to a fab house. I had to hack the
> silk screen file to include an outline and a couple of features that the
> Eagle CAM refused to pick up as silk screen features.

Tried just now, so should hopefully work for you:
   Use COPY to duplicate the board outline, in situ. (Left-click to place it,
unmoved.)
   Select CHANGE LAYER (Spanner Icon -> Layer -> Layer 21), then click on board
outline.
      One of the duplicates is now in the tPlace layer, and that's
      Silkscreen, according to the manual.
   INFO ("i" icon) can be used to confirm where it went.

The board house that I mentioned on the "SMT Terminal Blocks" thread
accepts Eagle files, obviating the need to learn how to do the CAM step.
(In fact, I have yet to wade through that section of the pdf manual.)

The files I sent to them only had board outlines in layer 20
(Dimension), and I omitted silkscreen. (Soldermask is enough for SMD
component pad location, I find, and better use of money, perhaps. In any
case, I don't have room for component IDs, anyway.)

There's a newsgroup, but the feed is direct from the company, and our
firewalls here won't let it through. They might be able to advise as
well.

Erik