http://timeguy.com/cradek/truetype - generate signs from truetype to dxf or
g-code

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 6:46 AM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: [Emc-users] Request for Fonts

I have built up a router table with XYZ motion stages.  My intent is to
produce wood and Corian type signs.  I have EMC driving steppers via a 1284
parallel port.
It's working
out very well.  Now I am looking for fonts in the form of G code.  Does
anyone know of any?

I have code to resize and move the G code to fit the work piece but I have
yet to find anything that would allow me to rip a True Type font into G-Code
or just a source of G code fonts.

I am trying to avoid purchasing an expensive CAD package just to have the
ability to generate signs. Maybe there is a CAD for Ubuntu?

I am new to Linux but so far am very pleased at the quality and robustness
of the whole OS and EMC support.

Thanks, Jim Combs

Lexington, KY