From: "Sebastian Kuzminsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 09:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Mesa 7i43 PWM Output mode

list wrote:
> I’m new here and have question about PWM Up/down mode. From EMC docs and
> wiki, Pluto-P can be configured for both step/dir or up/down output
> mode. Can either MESA 5i20 or 7i43 output PWM up/down?

The 7i43 with the HostMot2 firmware can do PWM in up/down mode, but the
driver doesnt support it yet.  I've been meaning to add that, I'll try
to get it done in the next day or so.

I'm not sure what the present capabilities of the 5i20 firmware & driver
are, but I would think they support up/down PWM.  Over the next few
months or so I'm going to write a new driver for the 5i2x cards (and the
4i6x cards) for the HostMot2 firmware, and then they'll definately
support it.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
Yes, we have a soul.  But it is mechanical.  -- Daniel Dennet