[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [...]

Ray, learning how to tune loops sounds intriguing and perhaps
interesting to play with, but it's probably well beyond my abilities. Is
there a tutorial somewhere?

The speeds I now get for X and Y is 71.4 IPM, which I think is fine for
my small machine (18" x 12"). I'm using a P4 1.6GHz, 512Mb RAM with
Ubuntu Gutsy if anyone is interested.

Andy

--
Andy