On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 21:36 -0400, Dave Keeton wrote:
> So I have installed the PCI-DIO-96 board in the computer.....Ubuntu picked
> it up in the Device manager and called it by name.....How do I go about
> directory, How do I know if EMC2 sees the board and its I/O points?
>
>          Dave

If you look in the Integrator's Manual:

http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/EMC2_Integrator_Manual.pdf

chapter four indicates that the [HAL] section of the .ini file for the
configuration you are running, has an entry(ies) called "HALFILE =".
These "HALFILE ="'s will list the .hal files that are part of the
initialization for starting your configuration in EMC2. One of these
files will have "loadrt somedriver and_options" in it. You will need a
loadrt entry for your 8255, plus an entry to add the driver to a thread,
something like "addf somedriver name_of_thread". You can do a Find for
addf in the manual to get more information. If you start EMC2 and if the
driver loads properly, you should be able to start Halmeter and see the
new Hal pins in the pin list.

--
Kirk Wallace (California, USA
Hardinge HNC/EMC CNC lathe,