Thanks. That worked. Any idea how it got set? This is a brand new install
and I am not at all new to EMC2.

>Len

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Radek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 11:51 AM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Home Switches

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 11:17:19AM -0600, Len Shelton wrote:
> I am trying to setup a new machine with EMC2 and Axis using home switches.
> Everything seems to be working fine, except that "z" sets itself to 8.5202
> after homing.
>
> Even though I have:
>
> HOME = 0.0
> HOME_OFFSET = 0.000000
>
> Where is it pulling this 8.5202? I can find no reference to any number
like
> that anywhere in the config files.

You have a work offset or a G92 offset.

To clear the work offset, Machine / Zero coordinate system / G54 (or
home and then Touch Off zero) and then be sure to read about "Touch
Off" in the user manual since you will have to understand how to use
work offsets now that you have homing.  Looks like sections 2.2.1 and
2.3.4.1 are relevant although a little lean.

To clear a G92 offset, program G92.1 in MDI.  (In the upcoming EMC2.3
you will be able to clear G92 offsets in the Machine/Zero... menu
also.)