<snip>
Isn't the math:
I(relative) = I(absolute) - X(start)
J(relative)=J(absolute)-Y(start)   ?

Carl Helquist

Hello Carl
Your math's is right (I think so)
However your assertion in my ability or inclination to write a script or
program, sorry wrong.

Best wishes
Dave
</snip>

If that math is correct then couldn't you simply use Gedit (or your favorite
editor) and do a replace and whenever I or J is encountered change it to
subtract the variable stored for the current X or Y position from the I or J
value ?  (I haven't rooted around in the variables list recently but I'm pretty
sure that the current is stored as a variable).  If scripting (which is a lot
easier than you might think) isn't your thing then it might be worth a shot.
Learning a little bit of programming even at the basic levels can help out a
lot in your future exploits.

I'm tired and probably missing something but I've used the Find/Replace dialog
to make wholesale changes to G-Code, of course I always preview it before
running it.  So tell me what I know I'm missing but I can't put my finger on
right now...

Greg
www.distinctperspectives.com