Thanks, but no. I still want to just end the program where it sets the stop
button so to speak, without jacking with my offsets, and restoring manual
control.

And without me having to save my offsets, and then restore them at the
beginning of the file. With the method that Ray described with G92.2 and
G92.3, its still several un-necessary steps I think. I mean, what if it is
the first time you run the program? Would you have to set the offsets with
G92 in MDI and then save with G92.2 in MDI, then place G92.3 at the
beginning of every file?

It'd be less tedious if I could just end the program, leave my offsets as
they were, jog the head out of the way (without having to hit the stop
button first), swap the stock, then hit start again.

I could write the routine into the postprocessor to do what I need (maybe),
but I use the same CAM software for different purposes where the retract
vector is different depending on which machine and which operation.

Let me also point out I have been a long time user of EMC (love it!), but I
just recently started using home switches and I am searching for their
usefulness. Previously without home switches, I just zeroed off of a part,
and never had to jack with offsets. At this point, they make no sense and
are cumbersome to have. I am hoping that there's just some connection I am
not making and it will all of a sudden make sense once I get that clue that
connects the dots.