From: Roger [mailto:vrsculp...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:17 PM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] EMC2 and Hardy 8.04

Probably not the problem here but as an FYI... I had a very difficult time
getting Hardy to recognize my monitor correctly on a Shuttle and spent a lot
of
time and effort trying to fix the problem. It turns out that the problems
was
that I had connected the monitor through a KVM (keyboard switch) that
prevented
the monitor from passing it's configuration stuff to the driver. After
directly
wiring the monitor it was easy to identify the supported monitor modes by
looking at the xconfig log which made it very simple to add the missing
video
modes. I ended up configuring the monitor as VESA.

Roger