Nice job, Lawrence.

When I get GWiz into good enough shape to release, I'd like to be able
to "steal" your code and make a wizard out of it. Would you consider
GPLing it? Or better yet, releasing it to the public domain. I say
"better yet" because then you can just add a single line comment:
(Released to the public domain by Lawrence Glaister.) That seems easier
than the multiple lines for the copyright notice plus the GPL license
reference.

Some changes I might make:

1 -- Use "named" o-words, instead of the numerical ones. -- That's a
relatively new feature.
2 -- I think I would have put the index slot on the inside of the main
slots, instead of the outside. That way you need only one long reach
opto. When converting it to a wizard, I would make that an option.

3 -- I would make the actual wizard a radial slot wizard. Then to do the
encoder, you would invoke the following:

A -- A radial slot wiz to do the index slot.
B -- A radial slot wiz to do the main slots
C -- A bolt hole circle wiz to do the mounting holes
D -- An outside circle wiz to do the outside perimeter
E -- An inside circle wiz to do the inside hole.

Of course, one could make a super wiz to do the whole thing.

Ken