On Friday 02 October 2009, Andy Pugh wrote:
>2009/10/2 Steve Blackmore <st...@pilotltd.net>:
>> On page 6 I changed the sampling rate to base thread.
>>
>> http://filebin.ca/wacbfm/screenshots.pdf
>
>Aha! I see noisy encoder signals. That seems to be confusing the
>velocity calculation (but possibly not the position calculation)
>I am also a little surprised that the mark-space ratio on channels A
>and B differs. I don't know enough about the subject to know if that
>matters.

Yes it does Andy.  If the lack of a 50% duty cycle places one edge closer
than the other, then it can miss-track because of miss counts at a much lower
rpm going one way than the other.

The ideal is a 50-50 duty cycle, with the edges of one signal at exactly the
center of the flat part of the signal from the other channel.  Regardless of
direction its being turned.
--
Cheers, Gene

Robot, n.: