Hi all,

I built a simple interferometer for measuring the surface of a hand
ground/polished telescope mirror a while ago.

Yesterday I removed the expanding lens and used a photodiode to
measure the interference fringes. I mounted the back-reflector on a
small motorized stage which has ca 100mm of movement range. It worked
OKish and I will post a pic and some results soon. With this simple
setup there is only one sine-shaped signal so I don't know which
direction the stage moves when I see fringes.

I am wondering if anyone in the group has experience with a commercial
professional interferometer used for measuring machine tools? Any
links to sites that explain the principles? or papers?

regards,
Anders W