Neil Baylis wrote:
> No, same problem.
>
> With HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = YES, it sails right past the home/limit
> switch and hits the hard stop.
>
> With HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = NO, it stops at the limit, complaining that
> it hit a limit in homing state 5.
>
> HOME_IS_SHARED seems to have no effect on this.

Ok, I looked at the code, and you're right - this tells EMC2 that the
same input is used for multiple home switches, and isn't useful in this
case.

You have some problem with the home switch being detected.  Home state 5
means the joint is moving, and the homing code is waiting for the switch
to close.
> Note: I tried monitoring the axis.0.home-sw-in with Halmeter, but it
> never changes. Also, when I use Halmeter to monitor the limit switch,
> that never changes either, even though it is changing on TkEMC.
> Something I don't understand about using Halmeter, I guess.

You should try looking at all three things that have to do with the home
switch:  the pin ppmc.0.din.02.in-not, the signal Xminlim, and the pin
axis.0.home-sw-in.

If they are ever different, you have a problem (since the two pins are
supposed to be connected together, they should always have the same value).

You should be able to hit the switch and see all three halmeters switch
between true and false.

- Steve