On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Yann Jautard <brico...@free.fr> wrote:
> I'm not sure what remains after drying WD40 is oil, because it doesn't look
> greasy. Just dry. And doesnt leave marks on clothes like oil does.
>
> But also protects less efficiently than pure oil.

My experience as a bike mechanic is that WD-40 offers almost no
protection against rust.  Although sometimes almost no protection is
enough protection.  I use Johnston paste wax for rust protection.  I
have thought about getting some Boesheild T-9, which is reportedly
available from Sears.  But the paste wax works well.
Eric Keller
Boalsburg, PA