On 17.01.12 21:30, Ed Nisley wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 20:30 -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > If I fix the library,
> > will that fix the schematic when it is next loaded?
>
> Nope, the schematic holds copies of all the components, so that you
> can't inadvertently wreck all your circuits with a single library
> change.
>
> You must delete all instances of the old part from the schematic,
> refresh the library to get the new part, and then re-place all of them.

Never say never (or must)? When a modified library is used, I've found
that eagle warns that board & schematic may be affected. It then
requires a confirming click, before sailing on. It's then up to me to
have a look at both, to see if the modified parts have had any
noticeable effect.

If the change is drastic, it's sometimes necessary to tweak the board,
to accommodate a package correction. I don't recall ever having to
delete a component due to a library change.

Erik

--
Any project you tackle is always hardest at the beginning, like working
up a swing.                                                - P.K. Shaw