Hi,
has anyone ever used LinuxCNC to control a 5axis (two x/y-portals and a
rotary table )hot wire cutter?

I own one of these machines:

   http://en.step-four.at/hp2/index.php?action=450

And I'd like to overcome some of the limitations of the provided
controller software. The hardware side is simple: Stepper motors
controlled by two parallel ports. So that should be no problem, but the
kinematics bother me and I'm unsure which axis I should use. X and Y for
the first portal, U and W for the second and A for the rotary table? Or
X and Y for the first portal and A and B to specify to angels of the
wire and C for the rotary table? This would make it necessary to
calculate the coordinates on the second portal in the kinematics module.
Any suggestions?

See you
Flo