Hi Viesturs

> Since both of these options are possible, I think that the choice depends on:
> 1) Your skill and will to work on kinematics module;

Hmm... I one compiled the millkins kinematics module (trivial kinematics
extended by XY skew correction), and I'm more or less familiar whit C/C++.

> 2) ease of g-code generation for each of these options;

For G-Code generation I plan to write a simple script that runs within
Rhinoceros 3D and take a ruled surface (and the position of the rotary
table) as an input to generate either the two polygons or one polygon
and the angles.

What would you think makes more sense as tool path specification, a x/y
positions and three angels or two x/y positions and one angel? Or
something completely different that I missed until now?

> Actually, if the wire slope is specified as 2 angles, then it should
> be pretty easy to set up kinematics, because offset between portals
> along Z is constant, right?
> So pos->u = pos->tran.x + offset*tan(B)
> And pos->v = pos->tran.y + offset*tan(A)

Well, the offset Z should be constant, due to the poor build quality of
the machine it is not. But for now we can assume it is constant and
known - compensation of skew in the portals, planarity of the portals,
misalignment and so on is something to work on later.

See you
Florian