Greets everybody;

I am going slowly berzakers here with this bs of having different gid's on
these two machines.

I am at that stage where I have files ready to rename and load into emc
(linuxcnc) to see what they look like in axis.

But I'll be damned if I can get scp to move the files.  Something has been
done to cifs so I cannot mount the shares defined from here, regardless of
which of the 10,000 monkeys output I try, its 'no permission".

This is the line in my rc.local that has been mounting that box as a
read/write share at /mnt/shop, and which now fails, and was failing even
before I built the new box for the shop/mill:

mount -t cifs -o
user=gene,passwd=gh10041934,uid=1000,forceuid,gid=1000,forcegid,noserverino
//shop.coyote.den/shop-slash /mnt/shop

response:
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

And of course in my man pages, error 13 is never mentioned.

But it worked for years before.  From testparm's output on the shop box:
[shop-slash]
        comment = The root directory of coyote's FC6 install
        path = /
        read only = No

So I have resorted to copying the files to a publicly invisible web page
directory so that I can maybe fire up firefox out on that box and save the
files to it that way, but dammit there ought to be a better way.
There is security, and there is Pain in the Ass obnoxiousness, this is the
latter.

I'd be much appreciative of an idiot-proof (and I'm apparently the idiot)
method of send this stuff around on my home, private as I can make it,
network.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene
A man of genius makes no mistakes.
His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.
                -- James Joyce, "Ulysses"