> Andy,
>
> Understandable.  The paypal link could be set up so that it could be
> turned on when funds are needed and turned off when the funding is met.
> The treasurer would have to stay on top of that though.
>
> Mark

This must be the most wide spread discussion in ages at this mailing list,
forums, lists, bills, credits... Doesn't matter, it just shows that even
the silent people can speak (which also is a Chinese saying). :)

If you guys think that the internal forum works well so be it. To me it's
not better at all than (for example) cnczone or the mailing list. One board
all questions, and that makes the mailing list superior. And unfortunately,
there were many broken links to the forum before. Cnczone being commercial?
There's no secret I'm a moderator at the zone. There's no secret a page
with 140 000 members need better servers than "our" page. Of course there
will be banners. Stating that it's a bad idea because the site might go
pay-to-view based - will not happen. Why on Earth would you bite your own
feeder? IF that happens, I'm the first guy to leave the site. We're lucky
that someone supports the LinuxCNC (formerly known as EMC2) community with
CPU and storage. So who will pay it otherwise? A paypal account seems to be
a good idea - at first. How should the board/community handle the scenario
when a "supportive company" transfers $ 100 000 and after a short while
demands to get their requirements sorted out? Who will be responsible for
the book keeping? What should happen if there's more money than needed?
What should happen when there's LESS money than neeeded?..

My first opinion is still not changed, there are too many communication
channels for a small (in a community perspective) project. it seems some of
you are pretty gnarly when it comes to commercial fundings (you're not
using Youtube, are you?..). Then kill the mailing list. That's commercially
based service, even more than the zone.

There's not a single response on Roadmap planning nor black/white listing -
suggestions that _really_ affects the evolution of the software. Not even
from other developers...

Regards,
Sven