On 01/24/2012 12:36 PM, Jon Elson wrote:

> Oh, that's a different story.  The performance of CNCzone was never
> great, but
> tolerable.  NOW, it is EXECRABLE!  I have a 20 MB/s internet, and I
> often have
> to wait a MINUTE for the ads to load before I can see some discussion.
> Their

It is easy to set up a server with forum software without adds - I could set
one up, but I'm not so
sure it is in our interest in the long run.

I have the emails from this list that go back to 2008 and can search for key
words in the posts
etc.. No data base crash will make that information go away.

The other issue is one I site from experience - web based forums tend to have
more noise and OT
posts on them.  There is something about being email-list fluent that keeps the
non serous from
watering down the substance.

Probably the best system is a mailing list that also has a webpage that
displays threads and allows

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail k...@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Looking at money through the eyes of emotion will provide you with poverty.
In a free society, considering money through objective logic will provide you
with wealth. kps