Peter, just as the name of threads says, I am trying to tune servo
motors, not steppers :)
I just checked - the supply voltage is 27,9 VDC, because 7i39 drives
have 28 VDC limit.

Ohh, and there is update:
The motor that yesterday worked fine at 4000 mm/min, today is not
working fine at that speed - it also stalls and starts oscillating at
relatively high frequency... Just as the name of thread says - I have
no idea wtf is wrong with this machine.

I just remembered one thing that I had not mentioned, but which
probably might make a difference - Keling servos are equipped with CUI
AMT102 encoders. I recall that Jon Elson wrote some time ago that
these encoders have a lag during change of acceleration, so I looked
at that thread again.

Is there anything I can do to confirm, if the encoders are the real
problem of the instability of the feedback loop.

Viesturs