On dom, 2012-01-29 at 14:04 +0200, Viesturs Lācis wrote:
> Peter, just as the name of threads says, I am trying to tune servo
> motors, not steppers :)
> I just checked - the supply voltage is 27,9 VDC, because 7i39 drives
> have 28 VDC limit.
>
> Ohh, and there is update:
> The motor that yesterday worked fine at 4000 mm/min, today is not
> working fine at that speed - it also stalls and starts oscillating at
> relatively high frequency... Just as the name of thread says - I have
> no idea wtf is wrong with this machine.
>
> I just remembered one thing that I had not mentioned, but which
> probably might make a difference - Keling servos are equipped with CUI
> AMT102 encoders. I recall that Jon Elson wrote some time ago that
> these encoders have a lag during change of acceleration, so I looked
> at that thread again.
>
> Is there anything I can do to confirm, if the encoders are the real
> problem of the instability of the feedback loop.
>
> Viesturs
Hallo Viesturs, i don't remember who suggested, but i've read, with
those encoders, it's better to glue them to the rotating axle, because
they can slip at high speeds and during fast accelerations.
If it was like that, i think it's possible the resulting issue that you
have.
Or i would try something with the encoders connection. maybe a not
perfect conctact.

Davide.