2012/2/8 Lars Andersson <l...@larsandersson.com>:
> [...]

In that case 3 HAL modules could do the job:
1) calculate the tool's velocity with "hypot"
2) multiply hypot.out by a some factor to get the correct rate for
extruder in "scale"
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html/man/man9/scale.9.html
3) use "mux2" to enable/disable extruder:
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html/man/man9/mux2.9.html
mux2.sel <= motion.spindle-on
mux2.in1 <= scale.out
setp mux2.in0 0