2012/2/25 Lee Osborne <l...@lomach.com>:
> Hi
>
>   Can anyone help with making a user m code for a digital output on a
> mesa 5i20, 7i33 and 7i37 set up.  I have managed to get all the servos
> working and coolant but I have extra digital outputs connected to
> solenoids for a toolchanger.  I have tried making an M101 file but I
> cant get it to do anything.  There are no error messages either so I can
> only assume it is reading it but it is not changing the state of the
> pin.  The contents of the M101 file is below which came straight from
> the manual but I have changed it from a parallel port pin to a mesa I/o
> Pin.  Any ideas would be great as I have tried several things and am
> stuck on this one.
>
> #!/bin/sh
> halcmd setp hm2_5i20.0.gpio.0042.out True
> exit 0

Firstly, is it hm2_5i20.0.gpio.0042.out or  hm2_5i20.0.gpio.042.out?
AFAIK the pin number is 3-digit.

Secondly, what do You have in HAL file?
You need to specify, that gpio.042  is output pin like this:
setp hm2_5i20.0.gpio.042.is_output True

Thirdly, is there any particular reason not to use M commands that are
dedicated for output controls from g-code?
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode_main.html#sec:M62-to-M65

Simply link the hm2_5i20.0.gpio.042.out to motion.digital-out-00 (or
01, 02 etc, if You need more outputs for M62-65 commands).
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config_emc2hal.html#r1_1_2

Viesturs