Strangely enough my CAM software (OneCNC) will open a stl file but I
can't extract any edges or surfaces for machining.

I registered twice to get the trial download but have not received the
email yet with the information... the next page gave me another register
page and wouldn't you know I got an email from a salesperson asap...

http://mkt.alibre.com/testdrive

John