On 05/09/2012 09:43 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 9 May 2012 15:33, gene heskett<ghesk...@wdtv.com>  wrote:
>
>> However, for a bare motor, $115&  shipping is a decent price.  I could
>> eventually be interested in using one to replace the 300 watter on my mini-
>> lathes spindle, but one project at a time.
> I am not sure that that motor is brushless, though that doesn't
> necessarily matter.
>
> This page:
> http://www.mcssl.com/store/keysew/parts/industrial-sewing-machine-motors
> seems to say "brushless" when they are.

   I've been messing around with steppers for a few years now, so I know
next to nothing about servos.  What all is needed to run one?  Mesa has
a 8i20 2200W 3 phase amplifier (24 to 400V DC),  which can be run off of
a 5i25(?)

--
-Mark

Ne M'oubliez   ---Family Motto
Hope for the best, plan for the worst   ---Personal Motto