dave wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sometime ago I bought a D510MO to replace my aging 1.2 GHz Duron. I'm
> finally frustrated enough with the present cpu, etc. to actually
> upgrade. ;-)
>
> http://www.logicsupply.com/categories/power_supplies/dc_converters?gclid=COeJt5m4_q8CFSIHRQodoQGGHA
>
> I've been looking at the power supplies in the above link. Does anyone
> have experience, recommendations, etc. Further what are people using
> for the 12 VDC source; or is the preferred method to use a battery
> charger and go with one of the supplies that will tolerate >= 14 V?

There is the PicoPSU (no relation) that is a TINY module that plugs into
the motherboard's
power connector, and runs off 12 V.  Since it is sold for car computer
use, I guess it
will run off 14 V, but check their specs for confirmation.  I have run
it off a 12 V
regulated supply just fine.  Real battery chargers are not well
regulated at all, and
I would not use one on electronics.

Jon