On Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:31:42 AM andy pugh did opine:

> On 30 May 2012 13:45, John Thornton <bjt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Before all the experiments I could get 0 to 2k with no problems and
> > would structure my programs around that or use the G4 pause and ramp
> > up to the rpm I wanted above 2k.
>
> net motion.spindle-speed-out => limit2.in ?

That would be a good first try, but those docs I'm looking at "suck dead
toads through soda straws" (yes, that's plagiarized, from JoAnne Dow.)  The
discussion of what the parameters actually DO is so concise its obtuse,
giving only the default, equ to a straight piece of wire (to within 1E20)
with a 1 servo cycle delay.  Come on guys, can't we do better docs than
that?

However, I think it can do a pretty reasonable version of a miller
integrator.  It will take some experimenting to derive the maxv pin, which
I assume (it doesn't say) would be the max it could change per servo cycle.
With a millisecond servo cycle, that will be a small value, probably less
than 5, depending on how the S6000 is subsequently scaled. I'd start at 3,
increase it by 3 till it faults.  Then revert to a smaller value that never
faults.  I'd think an S6000 final speed could be achieved noticeably
quicker than stepping it up in 2k increments.

If the shutdown load dump is not a problem John, then the limit2.0.load pin
should be made true if motion is zero, getting a much faster stop if
something faults stopping the motion.

Cheers, Gene
When you are in it up to your ears, keep your mouth shut.