On Monday, June 04, 2012 09:06:32 PM Dave did opine:

> On 6/4/2012 2:41 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Monday, June 04, 2012 02:37:59 PM Dave did opine:
> >> You from eastern KY?

> >> 170 proof alcohol is a little hard to be around, the vapor can pretty
> >> much knock you over if you open a hatch on a tank full of it.
> >>
> >> I really can't imagine drinking it, let alone 200 proof.
> >>
> >> Dave
> >
> > Royal Navy Rum, which I think has been disco'ed, was 190 proof.  You
> > could still get it, and Phillips, 50 years ago.  But my personal
> > limit is about 100 down to 80, Black Label Jack is good good stuff if
> > you get a bottle you can still smell the corn in.  It does vary some.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
>
> 190 Proof  whoa!
> I've slugged down Bacardi 151 in the long past and that was a struggle.
> Of course after a couple of shots of that, not much matters..  ;-)
>
> Dave

I have been around when a bottle of Phillips was passed around, but since
the first fellow to sample it was wasted in the 5 minutes it took to get to
me, and I wanted to enjoy the party, I passed.  A 6 pack spread over about
8 hours, and a few papers rolled out of a bowl, and I was happy.  Good
northern CA sensemia, not the local hay which reminds me of battery acid.

But that was long ago & far away, I quite all smoke in the spring of '89
cold turkey.

Cheers, Gene
Fortune's current rates:

        Answers                         .10