andy pugh wrote:
> On 27 July 2012 17:10, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:
>

>> will have to develop custom electronics, probably using an FPGA, to modulate
>> the laser to produce the raster.
>>

> Maybe a HAL module?
> 1024x768x50kHz = 15 seconds per layer. (with scope for efficiences
> such as short scans)

Because the beam sweeps far past the vat and only the middle part of the
sweep is used
to maintain the best linearity, the pixel frequency is probably higher
than this.
But, the amount of data actually in a layer is quite small.  It could
probably be
compressed by run-length encoding to make a compact data format.

For each sweep, the beam is turned on until it hits a detector with a
slit in front
of it, then it starts the clock to time out the pixels.  This should be
pretty easy to
do in an FPGA, but would be pretty much impossible directly by software.
I think somebody is doing it with the DMA channel on an Arduino or similar
micro, too.

Jon