Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> I guess i should have said that it requires less support material since the
> fluid is there to "support" the area as it is cured. In other words, each
> layer is buoyant - unlike the plastic extrusion printers.

OK, in a sense, yes.  The cured material will be about the same density
as the uncured
resin, but everything needs to be tied together as the build platform
breaks the
model free from the vat floor and raises it one layer thickness.
> Yeah, the limited size is the main reason why I didn't consider funding the
> Kickstarter project. The build area at 100 microns is only 4x3 inches and
> only 2"x1.5" at 50 microns. Using an HD projector would of course increase
> that size to an almost practical size (still 8x6 inches is pretty small). But
> going that route, I would be better off just building my own so I don't pay
> for two projectors.
>
> Now if I did jewelry, the stock size would be much more suitable.
>
> I wonder about using 4 HD projectors or would optical distortion along the
> edges be a problem? That would allow a roughly 15.5"x11.6" build size at 100
> microns.

To my knowledge, no DIY type has done this.  I think one of the
commercial units
either shifts the projector or moves the image with a mirror to get
higher resolution.

Jon