www.vectric.com

Has 'aspire' software that I think could handle the problem of writing
engraved or raised lettering on curved or dome style surfaces.
No it is not open or free software, but it is pretty amazing even at
it's 'steep' price.

I just wish my artistic talents were up to software I can afford now,
even without Aspire.