Hi all,

This is really a response to the "LinuxCNC  for DIY 3D Printing" thread
without hijacking that thread.

After seeing the success of a few other people in getting lcnc running on an
Arm / Beaglebone, I thought I would take a shot at doing the same on the
Olinuxino, with the intent of driving a 3D printer.  I found the Olinuxino
attractive because it has 512MB RAM and a 1Ghz processor and 3 I2C
interfaces, as well as a companion 7" LCD or LCD touch display. It does not
have an immediate interface to get to a Mesa type FPGA device, but I was
hoping with a 1Ghz processor I would at least be able to directly drive 3
stepper motors.

The board in fact just arrived today. Android built into the onboard NAND
booted first time. While waiting for the board to arrive, I also built a
custom kernel and a debian image and loaded that to a 4GB SD card. That,
unfortunately was an abject failure. It would not boot, and worse, gave no
error message. I just got a black screen.

I am going to try a prebuilt stock debian image tomorrow.

I did start a blog to document my progress here:
http://lcncolinuxino.blogspot.com/

I will certainly have many questions (probably better posted to the
developer list) as I get further along, but this seemed to be an appropriate
time mention what I was up to.

Regards,
Eric