On Wednesday 10 April 2013 11:40:26 Rudy du Preez did opine:

> The Intel D2800MT actually has a parallel port. It sits on the board and
> needs a ribbon cable extension.

Can the ribbon cable be fed directly to a B.O.B. such as Leonardo's CNC4PC
model C1G?, bypassing at least one set of db25's?  Sounds cool if you can
get the cable out of a box like the 350 mini itx box.

> I am currently running a Linuxcnc 2.5.2 on this board with two parports:
> one in the PCI-E slot and one on the ribbon cable.
> One is configured as "out" and the other as "in".
>
> Rudy

Cheers, Gene
My views
Many are called, few are chosen.  Fewer still get to do the choosing.
dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million
          law-abiding citizens.