i used 1600 oz in steppers pn my mill and am looking for more but still
need ballscrews and i want to try some way friction reduction. i get 60 ipm
wuth a @200 lb table, i havent powered the knee yet just the spindle head i
will need ballscrew for the z and am planning to coumterbalace the knee .
my drives will handle 80 volts and im currently at 48 i plan to step this
up soon

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 6:20 AM, Lars Andersson <l...@larsandersson.com>wrote:

> > On 13 April 2013 23:32, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> >
> > Old but properly made:
> >
> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harrison-Milling-Machine-Vertical-attachment-and-clutch-/121092566051
> >
> Gentlemen,
> I recently bought a machine similar to that one, at scrap value. The
> rubber bellows for the knee screw is replaced in the picture.
>
> http://forumbilder.se/CDVO4/fras
>
> It has no power feed whatsoever but is not much worn and feels very
> sound. It is meant to be converted  to LinuxCNC as a hobby project.
> I have not made anything this big before, wondering what drive torque on
> the feed screws to aim for?

jeremy youngs