Picked up a Dell  Dimension L100R for free. Has parallel and serial ports, 1
Ghz Socket 370 PIII with 512K cache (better than the 256K version) and will
have 512 meg PC133 once I find another 256 meg stick it likes. I have a couple
it sees as only 32 meg. (512 is max for this model.)

I put an 80 gig hard drive in, have a CD-RW to replace the CD-ROM and need to
find a PCI video card instead of using the built in video that cuts out a hunk
of main RAM.

This is a tiny little box, couldn't get much smaller without squeezing it
sideways and putting the optical drive in on edge.

For the big plasma table I have a mpc ClientPro 365. Much more muscle to it so
it'll be able to handle XP + Mach3 and run the CAD and other software. All the
little Dell will be doing is running LinuxCNC on the torch arm.

Going to try and get Ned to go on a shopping trip to get components for that
when he gets back from Utah. Found a surplus shop that has 4040 T-slot
extrusion for $2.49 a foot, plus various sizes of cable carrier and plenty of
other good stuff. I want to get that torch going first to cut some pieces for
the big table's gantry.