Gregg Eshelman a écrit :
> Picked up a Dell  Dimension L100R for free. Has parallel and serial ports, 1
> Ghz Socket 370 PIII with 512K cache (better than the 256K version) and will
> have 512 meg PC133 once I find another 256 meg stick it likes. I have a
> couple it sees as only 32 meg. (512 is max for this model.)
>
> I put an 80 gig hard drive in, have a CD-RW to replace the CD-ROM and need to
> find a PCI video card instead of using the built in video that cuts out a
> hunk of main RAM.
>
> This is a tiny little box, couldn't get much smaller without squeezing it
> sideways and putting the optical drive in on edge.
>
> For the big plasma table I have a mpc ClientPro 365. Much more muscle to it
> so it'll be able to handle XP + Mach3 and run the CAD and other software. All
> the little Dell will be doing is running LinuxCNC on the torch arm.
>
> Going to try and get Ned to go on a shopping trip to get components for that
> when he gets back from Utah. Found a surplus shop that has 4040 T-slot
> extrusion for $2.49 a foot, plus various sizes of cable carrier and plenty of
> other good stuff. I want to get that torch going first to cut some pieces for
> the big table's gantry.

Hi,

I don't know this model. However, I am running LinuxCNC 2.4.7 on a PIII
1GHz with 640MB of RAM and a 100MHz FSB (intel 440BX chipset).

I run a 3 axis machine and I can confirm it works out of the box. I
don't remember latency values, but I never get latencies problems.
Maximum speed is set to 2600mm/min (not the limit that I can achieve,
just the speed I wanted)

Hope it helps,
Xavier