jeremy youngs wrote:
> gene
> this is what jon  offers and i am salivating over :)
> http://pico-systems.com/osc2.5/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=26
>
> i figure if using rectified line voltage it would give about 3 hp out of my
> 2.5, with fan to cool it and would only need an isolation transformer for
> safety, once i am back in m o this and a mesa card will be my next upgrade

I would not recommend running these from rectified line voltage.  If you
put a bridge rectifier and filter capacitor on 120 V AC, you will get 167
V DC.  These servo amps were designed to go up to 160 V or so, but
have never been tested above 122 V DC.  If you can get a transformer
with an AC output of 84 to 86 V, that is ideal.  Otherwise you might
rig a buck transformer to the isolation transformer to reduce the
voltage.

Jon