Charles Steinkuehler wrote:

> Besides my 3D printing endeavors, I am involved with trying to get a
> hackerspace going here in Topeka.  Recently a CNC mill that might make
> a good LinuxCNC retrofit candidate popped up on the local craigslist:
>
> http://kansascity.craigslist.org/tls/3892182813.html
>
> Can anyone advise if this looks like it would be a good candidate for
> conversion to LinuxCNC, and what I should watch out for if I actually
> go to inspect and/or buy it?

Looks fairly good.  Appears it may have SEM motors, which are quite good.
Appears to have 5" travel on the quill, which is a limitation, but same as
a Bridgeport.  Lots of toolholders, which are more valuable than the
mill.  If the ways and ballscrews are in good shape, grab it.  It would be
good to see it under power, you can detect some problems by listening.

Jon