On 07/06/2013 02:19 AM, Gregg Eshelman wrote:
... snip
>   While I don't need to add a new
>   project at this time this does peak my
>   interest, but it brings up some questions.  What type
>   of capabilities
>   can we expect to get by retrofitting one of these older NC
>   machines?
... snip

For my Shizuoka and HNC, they are now just as accurate as they were
before the conversion. These industrial CNC's tend to age much better
than the consumer grade machines like my Bridgeport, or most mini
machines, which seem to need rework even when new. Incorporating tool
changers, coolant, collet closers, and other systems is usually straight
forward if one has a good handle on electronics and writing software or
can hire talent. So, in my opinion, a converted machine should work just
as well as the original.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/