On Saturday 09 November 2013 10:11:49 Marius Liebenberg did opine:

> I don't think it will help as the problem is acceleration over distance.
> I.E. Distance of move to short to reach max feed rate.

The other problem no one has mentioned is that his LCNC machine is old &
slow, however the OP did not mention the base_thread times from his ini
file.  Or his microstep ratios if he is using steppers.

I ran into this while exploring the merits of running my 2M542 drivers at
higher microstep ratio's.  The atom board, running a base_thread of 23
microseconds, is simply incapable to issuing enough steps per second to be
able to hit the motors maximum speed capability when the microstep divisor
is more than 8.  At 8, and a 2/1 gear between the 425 and the Z screw, I
can move Z on the lathe at 60ipm.  At 8, its noisy, I think because I may
not be on the sweet spot for motor currants so the thou or so gear lash in
the 2/1 takes a beating despite the damper on the motor.  Some day I may
convert it to belt drive just because of that.

At 16, it drops to 30ipm regardless of what else I set in the ini file, the
23 u-sec base_thread cycle is tapped out and can't issue the steps fast
enough.

So my question to the OP is: What is your base_thread period, and your
microstep rate?

> On 2013/11/09 01:47 PM, Belli Button wrote:
> > I think LCNC can only execute one Gcode per servo cycle. Does it help
> > to reduce your servo cycle time?

Cheers, Gene

BOFH excuse #34:

(l)user error