On 02/10/2014 01:35 AM, Marcus Bowman wrote:
> Nice and straightforward.
> Is that a 100 pulse per turn encoder? Does that give enough resolution?

100 "pulses" gives 400 counts in quadrature, so it is more
than enough.
I divide the scale factors by 4, so I have .01, .001, and
.0001" per click
of the encoder.  I have a lowpass filter on it (thanks, Jeff
Epler!)
to prevent it from "buzzing" the servos.  I use it often
when cleaning
up a face or edge while off-hand machining to count out
thousandths
of an inch for the next pass.  And, I use the .0001" per
click mode
with an edgefinder.

Jon