On Thursday 06 February 2014 12:57:06 Pete Matos did opine:

> Dunno the answers to these questions but I am running the Mesa 5i25/7i77
> combo on my machine and as soon as funds allow I intend to setup a nice
> pendant as well. I will be listening intently to this conversation.
> Lots of nice pendants out there which ones work best with LinuxCNC and
> the Mesa hardware will be interesting to see.  Peace
>
> Pete

FWIW, someone published a setup to use a saitek game controller, but the
very short throw joysticks I found to be less than worthless as there was
no "feel" to let the user know he was driving at an angle when he thought
he was driving just the x or y.  The next update, requiring a new config, I
never added it to.  Way too high a mistake probability.

However with the single axis at a time from the MPG, it might be more
usable. YMMV.  The keyboard does work, in all 3 4 axis's at once if you
have enough fingers.  ;)

> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 6:41 AM, bruno <br...@tinkerbox.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just upgraded my linuxcnc from 2.4 with parallel port software
> > stepper, to 2.5 and a mesa 5i25 with prob_rfx2 firmware. I set it up
> > quite easily using the pncconf .xml "firmware" found here
> > http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.emc.user/33697
> >
> > great job with this pncconf, it is quite nice. Performance with the
> > mesa board is incomparably better than software stepping.
> >
> > I started looking around for some cnc pendant.
> > I am wondering if anybody has tried to configure one of these:
> >

> > http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Wireless-USB-MPG-Pendant-Handwheel-
> > Mach3-For-CNC-Mac-Mach-3-4-axis-Controller/1004816998.html
> >
> > usb, probably HID, so hal_input might work. For the display part
> > however I have no idea what could be done.
> > If the pendant does not appear as some standard usb device, I thought
> > the best approach would be to write a new display, similar to
> > linuxcnclcd.
> >
> > Alternatively, I am pretty sure this type
> >
> > http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Universal-CNC-4-Axis-MPG-Pendant-Handwh
> > eel-Emergency-stop-for-Siemens-FAGOR/1594520156.html
> >
> > would be easy to integrate as it appears as just a bunch of switches
> > and quadrature encoder, I think.
> >
> > Any comments, experience with those ? I have not found much about
> > anybody using them on linuxcnc, so I wonder if I am just breaking new
> > ground, or they are such crap that nobody uses them
> >
> > Bruno

Cheers, Gene

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.