On 02/06/2014 05:41 AM, bruno wrote:
> Alternatively, I am pretty sure this type
> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Universal-CNC-4-Axis-MPG-Pendant-Handwheel-Emergency-stop-for-Siemens-FAGOR/1594520156.html
>
> would be easy to integrate as it appears as just a bunch of switches and
> quadrature encoder, I think.

I'm pretty sure you are right, mechanical switches and an
encoder.
I have built two of them, see :
<http://pico-systems.com/pendant.html>
I use some diodes to multiplex the XYZ-feedrate-spindle
selection so I use up fewer digital inputs.  I have links to the
hal code to interface this to LinuxCNC.  It is for my PPMC
line of products, so would need a little adapting to Mesa
products.

Jon